Friday 6 March 2009

IDAT 203 Research


Following my essay on the digitization of the music industry I have been looking into ways with which a person interacts with their digital music collection. Obviously the standard interactions of listening and dancing to their music were evident, but I am also interested in the other ways in which people might soundtrack their lives.

One of the more recent developments in video games technology is th
e ability to deconstruct a song into a series of game objectives and parameters such as the dance routine creator with most common dance mat related games and the track design function of games like Audiosurf.


I am also interested in what can be achived by games / activities that allow the player to create their own music. I doubt I have the time to write an entire refined audio mixer, but maybe there is some way i can simplify the process whilst entertaining the end user. This thought led me to remember messing about with a similar program on the Playstation 2 a few years ago. Something similar to Music Maker.



This interface looks more complicated than I remember. To be honest, although it does look very smart and well produced, this interface is far too much like a real mixing program and looks less like I would expect a game to.



No comments: